Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cabbage, Cabbage, Everywhere!

I had my one month follow up yesterday, and I've lost 30 lbs in a month and a half! I feel great, and have so much energy it feels surreal!

Michigan is soooo chilly right now! Rainy, gloomy, and cold! I decided to make one of my favorites that I haven't had in a while...unstuffed cabbage rolls!

I stumbled upon this recipe randomly, I wanted cabbage rolls but didn't have the time to do all the extra work, so I hope you enjoy!

I seem to be having problems with my camera uploading, so I will update a picture later!

Sarah's Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls

2 lb Ground Beef, Extra Lean
1 can Tomato Sauce
1 can Diced Tomatoes
1/2 jug Low Sodium V8
3 cups Whole Grain Rice, prepared.
1 onion, chopped
1 Cabbage Head, chopped
2 Tbsp Garlic
1 Tbsp Basil
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tbsp Parsley
3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
A few crushed Bay Leaves
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Brown and drain ground beef. In large pot, combine tomato sauce, juice, onion, cabbage, spices, and ground beef. Bring to boil and stir. Add cooked rice. Reduce heat and simmer until cabbage is soft.

This even makes a great crockpot meat if simmered overnight. Yum. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment