Saturday, September 26, 2009

Painful Day!


I had my oral surgery appointment for the adjusting of my screws in my jaw today, so the soup played in perfectly with my new sutures and swelling.


Today was White Chicken Chili from bariatriceating.com


White Chicken Chili


1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoon olive oil
Two 15-ounce cans Cannellini or white beans, drained
2 tablespoons flour
4 cups diced, cooked chicken or turkey
1 cup corn
One 4.5-ounce can diced green chilies
Two 14.5-ounce cans chicken broth
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon oregano
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat until onion is tender. Puree one can of drained beans and set aside. Stir the flour into the onion mixture and cook for one minute. Add chicken, corn, chilies, broth, cumin, chili powder, oregano, beans, reserved bean puree, and one cup water. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Makes about twelve 1-cup servings


I followed this recipe exactly as stated except for the addition of extra garlic. Overall, I was really pleased with the soup. It wasn't as thick as I had expected, but had some great flavors working together well. My brother also had a great opinion of it.


Next soup is Cheesy Chicken and Califlower Chowder!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great and not difficult to prepare since I have all the ingredients.

    How much could you eat before you were full?

    ReplyDelete