Friday, September 25, 2009

Pumpkin Mania!

Being from Michigan, I am insanely obsessed with the fall: cider mills, apples, pumpkins, anything! I needed to use the rest of the pumpkin from last nights dessert so I searched long and hard for a VSG friendly recipe...

and WOW, it is delicious!
From lowcarb forum:

Pumpkin Cheesecake

Half of a 29 oz can of pumpkin
8 oz cream cheese
1 box of sugar free vanilla pudding
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg

Mix all the ingredients above till well blended. Serve cold and with unsweetened whipping cream.

MY CHANGES: I only had the Sugar Free Cheesecake Pudding Mix (worked amazingly, and more cheesecake taste), and I used Fat Free Cream Cheese to reduce the calorie and fat content.

I can't wait to enjoy some more tonight!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE pumpkin and this sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, Sarah... I'm back to tell you about this recipe....

    I gave it to my co-worker, who gave it to her husband to make.... he made it yesterday and she brought in a serving for ME. It was DELICIOUS! Who needs fattening pumpkin pie?! Not us! We're using this recipe all during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete